#OurDream18 National Student Leadership Week Contest
Present your best pitch for a project idea that reflects the 2018 National Student Leadership Week theme “Make Your Mark on the World: Dream. Lead. Serve.” All NHS/NJHS chapters and NatStuCo councils are eligible to enter.
Up to 12 prizes of $250 each will be awarded to the chapter or council judged by the national office as presenting the best pitch for using the prize money to fund a school or community service project.
Entrants can use any medium to convey their pitch. To be eligible, the pitch must be shared on social media using any of the platforms specified in the official rules and tagged with #OurDream18. Entrants must also complete a submission form at www.tinyurl.com/ourdream18 to provide contact information.
Entries will be accepted April 1–30, 2018.
The National Association of Secondary School Principals (“NASSP”), 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191, is the sole sponsor of this Contest. The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with any social media channel.
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. WINNERS ARE SELECTED BY JUDGES BASED ON CRITERIA SET FORTH IN THE RULES. A PURCHASE OR DONATION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In the event the Contest is compromised in any way which corrupts or impairs the administration or fairness of the Contest, NASSP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest at any time.
- National Honor Society- and National Junior Honor Society-affiliated chapters and NatStuCo-affiliated councils are eligible to enter and win.
- Only chapter- or council-sponsored projects are eligible. Projects by individual students will not be accepted.
- Employees of NASSP and NASSP vendors, as well as the immediate families and members of the households of such persons, are ineligible.
How to Enter
- Entries must be posted to any of the following social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube. YouTube and Facebook entries must be marked as public to allow judges access to view the video. If using Instagram or Twitter to enter the Contest, the profiles of eligible contestants must be public.
- Entrants must also complete a submission form at www.tinyurl.com/oudream18 and provide a link to the social media post on that form.
- All terms and conditions of each social media channel apply.
- Submissions can be made from an individual’s social media account, but that individual must represent in some official way the chapter of NHS or NJHS or council of National Student Council.
- To be eligible, posts must use the hashtag #OurDream18.
- All entries must be submitted/posted between April 1 and April 30, 2018, 11:59 p.m. (PST).
- Submissions must persuasively document a proposed community or school service project. The project need not be started or completed to be eligible. The entry should detail how a $250 prize would be used to fund a proposed project.
- Entries may take the form of any medium allowing the entrant to provide a pitch, such as video, photography, illustration, or essay. Entrants are encouraged to choose the medium that best enables communication of a persuasive pitch.
- Only one submission per pitch is accepted. For example, posting the same pitch multiple times or on different social media channels will not count as separate entries.
Winners & Prizes
- There will be up to 12 total winners of $250 each and the prize will be in the form of a check made out to the selected chapters or councils.
- A panel of judges representing NASSP will choose winners based on persuasiveness of the pitch that the prize money will make meaningful and positive contributions to the school or community service project being pitched.
- NASSP will announce the winners on its social media channels, and will also notify the winners by contact information provided on the entry submission form.
- Unless otherwise requested by the winners, NASSP will mail the check to the winning chapters and/or councils.
- The winners will be required to provide verification that their prize has been used to complete the proposed project by December 31, 2018. Upon completion of their projects, winners are required to enter their projects into the National Student Project Database, identifying it as “NSLW Winning Project” in the title and providing a summary of at least 200 words, links to their social media submission, and photos they have of the project.
- Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged, or redeemed for cash for personal use.
- Some restrictions may apply; void where prohibited by law.
Intellectual Property and Warranties
- Entrant represents and warrants that the submission does not infringe on any third party’s proprietary rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable laws. By submitting an entry, Entrant grant NASSP a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise make use of the submitted entries.
- Entrant represents and warrants that the submission is not misleading, offensive, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable; the submission does not contain profanity or include any websites, addresses, phone numbers, or business promotions; and the submission does not contain potentially damaging computer programs, files, or spam.
- Any false/misleading information provided by Entrant may result in the immediate disqualification of the Entrant from the Contest. NASSP further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole discretion infringes upon the rights of any third party, does not comply with these Contest Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NASSP from claims made by any person arising from Entrant’s representations made in this Intellectual Property and Warranties provision.
Waiver/Limitation of Liability/Miscellaneous
- Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. NASSP and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents do not have and will not have any liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless against any liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons, or property resulting in or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity; or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering, or announcement of any prize. Should a court of law find NASSP liable for loss or damage, NASSP’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall NASSP be liable for attorney’s fees. NASSP and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents will have no liability whatsoever for entries that are late, incomplete or not received for any reason; Entrant hereby releases all social media channels from all liability arising from participation in the Contest.
- NASSP MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CONTEST.
- All issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and/or enforceability of these official rules or the rights and obligations of entrants in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Virginia without giving any effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. By entering into this Contest, each entrant consents to the sole jurisdiction of the Fairfax County, VA General District Court. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- NASSP assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries submitted to NASSP. NASSP is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, communication transmissions, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by NASSP on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest. Cellphone carriers may charge for data usage for posting photos using a mobile phone.
BY POSTING YOUR ENTRIES TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, YOU AGREE TO THESE CONTEST RULES.