Your highest-achieving students have the potential to make a tremendous impact in your school and community, both now and as they progress in their academic careers. With a National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) chapter at your school, your students have a place where they can hone their growing leadership skills—all while getting the recognition they deserve.
More Than an Honor Roll
While NJHS membership is the true mark of academic achievement, it goes far beyond a report card. All student members must also reflect the program’s respective pillars to be inducted—ideals such as scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship—and they must continue demonstrating them within their community throughout their membership.
Tools for Their Future
An NJHS chapter brings with it exclusive tools and resources for your students that not only help them in their endeavors as NJHS members, but leave a lasting impact on them as active citizens with long-term goals. With NJHS, members get:
- Service Mindset and Action. Unlimited access to service planning templates and resources, including nearly 10,000 project ideas in the National Student Project Database. This creates a “give back” mindset and weaves continued service into the everyday of a learning community.
- College and Career Readiness Webinar Series. Live webinars on the college admission planning process give student members and their parents access to valuable advice directly from admissions experts.
- #Futuready Leadership Development. These online modules help NJHS students prepare for the future, providing support to build skills such as empathy, critical thinking, and leadership.
- Outstanding Achievement Award. Each year, the Outstanding Achievement Award awards $500 in college savings funds to 500 exceptional NJHS members to help jump-start their financial planning for their postsecondary education.
- “Leadership Is…” Webinar Series. In this leadership coaching series, student leaders are invited to build their leadership mindset by reflecting on what leadership truly is.