Tell Your Student Leaders to Apply for the NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award
The National Junior Honor Society Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes middle-level students for their commitment to the five pillars of NJHS: scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. The 500 NJHS students selected for the Outstanding Achievement Award receive a $500 college savings plan to support their educational aspirations.
3 Steps to Apply
- November 13, 2023: Application opens
- January 24, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. (ET): Submission deadline
- March 2024: Applicants receive notifications
To be eligible, a student must be:
- An active and current member in good standing of a National Junior Honor Society chapter, meeting all membership requirements and obligations of the local chapter.
- An NJHS student account holder, verified by the NJHS chapter adviser.
Note: There are no limits to the number of applicants per chapter.
Applying for the NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award
November 16, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (EST)
This year’s National Junior Honor Society Outstanding Achievement Award application is open from November 13 through January 24. Join our team for a review of the application process and components. Students, parents, advisers, school counselors, and principals are all invited to attend and learn more. Register here.
“When the announcement came out for the Outstanding Achievement Award, I hadn’t even thought of applying, but then my teacher… [encouraged] me. Filling out the application made me really pay attention to all the things I had done in the past with NJHS, and it gave me a new outlook on myself. I didn’t even realize how much I valued service until I wrote that application.” – AnnMarie Wolfley, 2021 NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award winner
Learn more about the 2022 NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award winners.