Recognizing the need to help middle level students jump-start their quest toward higher education, the National Junior Honor Society offers the annual NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA). The award recognizes 500 exceptional NJHS students with $500, to be placed in a college savings account program-managed by Ascensus as part of the New Mexico Education Trust Board’s 529 college savings plan: The Education Plan.
Announcing the 2022 NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award Recipients!
NJHS advisers, check out the Recognition Toolkit and download the Certificate of Recognition to present to your school’s recipients.
Congratulations to all of this year’s recipients!
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A member of NJHS in good standing, enrolled in grades 6–8 or ninth grade if the ninth grade is part of a combination middle school.
- Attends a school with an active chapter of NJHS.
- Past winners are not eligible to apply.
- Members of NHS (grades 10-12) are not eligible to apply.
View detailed information about the application process in the NJHS OAA Application Guides:
- NJHS OAA Application Process Overview
- NJHS OAA Adviser Guide
- NJHS OAA Application Process Checklist
- NJHS OAA Student/Parent Application Guide
- NJHS OAA Recommender Guide
Review these webinar recordings to familiarize yourself with the process.