Recognizing the need to help middle level students jump-start their quest toward higher education, the National Junior Honor Society offers the annual NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA). The award recognizes 500 exceptional NJHS students with $500, to be placed in a college savings account program-managed by Ascensus as part of the New Mexico Education Trust Board’s 529 college savings plan: The Education Plan.
The 2022 NJHS OAA application process is now open. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, March 16, 2022. Recipients will be notified in late April/early May 2022.
Eligible NJHS members must create an NJHS student account at https://www.njhs.us/create-an-account/ before starting the application process. All applicants must have a verified NJHS student account in order to access the application:
Access the NJHS Outstanding Achievement Award Application here.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A member of NJHS in good standing, enrolled in grades 6–8 or ninth grade if the ninth grade is part of a combination middle school.
- Attends a school with an active chapter of NJHS.
- Past winners are not eligible to apply.
- Members of NHS (grades 10-12) are not eligible to apply.
View detailed information about the application process in the NJHS OAA Application Guides:
- NJHS OAA Application Process Overview
- NJHS OAA Adviser Guide
- NJHS OAA Application Process Checklist
- NJHS OAA Student/Parent Application Guide
- NJHS OAA Recommender Guide
Review these webinar recordings to familiarize yourself with the process.